CAMPING COROSO
Aro Ha_0986.jpg

Historia

Historia. Camping Coroso, Galicia, España.

 

HISTORIA

Salazón y Playa de Coroso en los años 60 / Fish Salting House and Coroso Beach in the 1960s

 

A partir de 1770 y gracias a que Carlos III comienza a establecer negocios con América en los puertos gallegos se inicia un importante desarrollo económico. Este nuevo auge de la galicia marítima motivó que se introdujera en Galicia un nuevo arte industrial de conservación del pescado  “el salazón” así como nuevas artes de pesca como la xábega. Entre las primeras fábricas de salazón que se construyeron se encuentra la de la playa de Coroso, construida sobre unos terrenos que Carlos IV en 1790 donó a la familia Sáiz dedicada a industrias de pesca y navegación. Es en este terreno bajo un pinar y en la playa donde desde 1976 se ubica el Camping de Coroso. La antigua fábrica de Salazón sirve hoy como restaurante y terraza del Camping.

From 1770 and thanks to the king’s Carlos III establishing business with Latin America, Galician ports experience an important economic development. This new boom of the maritime in Galicia prompted in the late eighteenth century to introduce in Galicia introduced a new industrial art of preserving fish, "salting" or “salazón” as well as new fishing techniques such as the “xábega”. Among the first salting factories that were built there, the one currently standing by Coroso Beach stands out. It was built on the land that Charles IV donated in 1796 to the family Saiz, dedicated to the industry of fishing and boating. It is on this grounds, under a pine forest and by the beach where since 1970 Camping Coroso is located. The old salting factory serves today as a restaurant and terrace for the camping site.

 

 

Playa de Coroso en los años 80 / Coroso Beach in the 1980s

 

Playa y Camping de Coroso en los años 70 / Beach and Camping of Coroso in the 70s

Salazón de Pescado de Coroso / Fish Salting House in Coroso